Seven of the best articles we’ve come across in the last couple of weeks.
- Tim Keller – ‘Can Evangelicalism Survive Donald Trump and Roy Moore?‘ – The New Yorker.
An excellent and timely article by Tim Keller on the future prospects of Evangelicalism.
- Charles Moore – ‘Are We Morally Better Than Our Ancestors?‘ – The Spectator.
Great critique of the doctrine of progress by Charles Moore with the understanding that newer is not necessarily better.
- Hannah Anderson – ‘Finding Our Place’ – The Gospel Coalition.
A well-written piece on the importance of place in a Christian’s life and formation.
- Andrew Wilson – ‘Christ the Best Husband’– Think Theology
“There is none comparable to Jesus Christ. Do you desire one that is great? He is of the highest dignity, he is the glory of heaven, the darling of eternity, admired by angels, dreaded by devils, and adored by saints” – George Whitefield.
- Ed Stetzer – ‘Christianity Turns the ‘Try Harder’ Mentality on its Head’ – Christianity Today.
A refreshing message in a culture obsessed with action and results, reminding us that Christ’s power is made perfect in our weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9).
- Andy Crouch – ‘Keep Technology In Its Proper Place in 2018’ – The Gospel Coalition.
Technology can be incredibly useful. It can also be a constant distraction and hinder us in truly connecting with others. Andy Crouch offers advice on how to keep technology in its proper place.
- Gordon Linney – ‘A New Year and a Renewed Journey’ – The Irish Times.
Some helpful thoughts to kickstart 2018.