Seven of the best articles we’ve come across in the last couple of weeks:
- Michael S. Hamilton – ‘How a humble evangelist changed Christianity as we know it’ – Christianity Today.
Michael S. Hamilton reflects on the phenomenal legacy of the 20th Century’s greatest evangelist, Billy Graham.
- Chad Bird – ‘The Joy of an Unaccomplished Life’ – The Gospel Coalition.
A refreshing reminder to strive for Christ-centred faithfulness rather than obsessing over results.
- Giles Fraser – ‘Secularism is threatening religious freedom’ – Unherd.
A compelling argument that secularism has gone too far in its attempt to quash religions traditions which have existed for thousands of years.
- C. Christopher Smith – ‘Why Christians should read more‘ – Relevant.
Why putting down the smartphone and picking up a book is crucial for spiritual growth.
- Karl Vaters – ‘Leading a church through difficult times’ – Christianity Today.
Karl Vaters shares leadership lessons after his stay in the Europa, the “most bombed hotel in the world.”
- Lucy Olofinjana – ‘The importance of conversion’ – Threads UK.
In part five of the ‘What is an evangelical?’ series, Lucy Olofinjana considers the importance of conversion in the evangelical Church.
- Mark Dever – ‘20 Quotes from Mark Dever on Church leadership‘ – The Gospel Coalition.
A selection of great insights from Dever’s book ‘Understanding Church Leadership’ (2016).